Hereditary Amyloidosis Canada (HAC) and Regroupement québécois des maladies orphelines (RQMO) are pleased to announce the launch of: Unfolding Transthyretin Amyloidosis: The Akcea Canada Young Investigator Grants Program. To learn about eligibility criteria, and additional details, download the grant opportunity here.
The program was designed to provide financial support for trainees and early career (within the first 5 years) investigators who are studying transthyretin amyloidosis. The Akcea Canada Young Investigator Grants Program has been made possible thanks to Akcea Therapeutics Canada.
An independent Scientific Advisory Committee of experts from the medical and scientific community has been formed to guide the program development and conduct the peer review. Along with representatives from HAC and RQMO, the committee includes:
• Dr. Vera Bril (Neurologist, Toronto, ON)
• Dr. Kristine Chapman (Vancouver, BC)
• Dr. Diego Delgado (Cardiologist, Toronto, ON)
• Dr. Nowell Fine (Cardiologist, Calgary, AB)
• Dr. Angela Genge (Neurologist, Montreal, QC)
• Dr. Francois Tournoux (Cardiologist, Montreal, QC)
Application deadline: Friday, October 29, 2021 at 5:00 PM, EST. If you have questions about the opportunity or wish to discuss eligibility criteria please reach out to Stefnaie Ince, Program Director at: email@example.com.