Meet Your Provincial Elected Representative
A great way to make your voice heard is to meet with your provincial elected representative to personally share your story and why you believe that all Health Canada-approved therapies for hATTR amyloidosis should be made immediately accessible through publicly funded drug plans for patients who could benefit.
Our Advocacy Packages include documents that will help you with the following steps:
- Write your local provincial elected representative to request a meeting. Don’t worry if you don’t know who that is, or which riding you live in, we’ve provided the links to help you find out who to write to (see Constituent Letter)
- Prepare for and meet with your local provincial elected representative (see Meeting Outline & Fact Sheet)
- Report back the results of your meeting with your local provincial elected representative (see Report Back Form)
- Write a draft letter for your local provincial representative to send to the Minister of Health (see local provincial elected representative Letter to Minister of Health)
- Write to the Minister of Health yourself (see Resident Letter to Minister of Health)
To download the advocacy package, click on the province below and your download will begin immediately:
if you have difficulties with your download, email email@example.com
We want to hear from you!!
We hope you will join our advocacy efforts by using the tools on this website. Please reach out to Hereditary Amyloidosis Canada (HAC) with any questions about our work, to share your hATTR amyloidosis stories, or to tell us how we can make this site even better.